If you’re after a point and shoot camera at an affordable price, then the Sony DSC W830 Cyber Shot is definitely what you are looking for. In fact, it’s one of the best point and shoot cameras on our list, as it offers a great value for the price.
Despite being priced very affordably, this camera has almost every feature that you could ask for. The major highlight of this camera is the 20.1 MP HAD CCD sensor and 8X optical zoom, which allows users to capture amazing photos with great precision.
Other major features of this point and shoot camera include an enhanced picture quality, intelligent auto mode, better stabilization of videos and snaps, advanced flash feature and more.
Now let us walk you through some of its most important features in detail below.
Sony DSC W830 Cyber-Shot is a surprisingly lightweight camera. This is perfectly complemented by its compact body, which makes it extremely portable. Available in black colour, the camera has a glossy finish on its body. Overall, the camera makes a good impression with its design at a first glance.
The camera boasts a surprisingly strong performance. The Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens helps to capture detailed, sharp and clear photos effortlessly. The shot images have appropriate level of colour saturation as well which makes them look vibrant. However, when images are viewed at full resolution then noise may creep in, but this is not a deal-breaker at this price point.
The 8X optical zoom lens along with Optical Steady Shot offers image stabilization that highly reduces image-shakes, thereby offering sharp and blur-free images.
Recording sharp and vivid videos is a breeze too with this beginner-friendly Sony point and shoot camera. It also allows users to upload them on social media or transfer them to other device without affecting their quality in any way.
Users can record 720p videos at 30 fps with ease. Not the best but at this price, it’s probably the best you can get in terms of video recording.
That said, going by the customer reviews, shooting at night or in low light conditions can be a bit of an issue as well. If you want to avoid these issues and go for a more advanced point and shoot camera, then the Canon PowerShot SX430 may turn out to be a better option for you.
If you can live with the shortcomings of this camera though, the following additional features would leave you impressed for sure.
Impressive Additional Features
This camera by Sony offers a plethora of features to its users. Let’s take a quick look at them.
- Advanced flash- The advanced flash feature in Sony DSC W830 Cyber-shot camera delivers clear and vivid photos even if they are clicked from a certain distance.
- Intelligent Auto mode- As mentioned above, shooting in dim light with this camera can sometimes be challenging. This is where the intelligent auto mode comes into play. It ensures wonderful clicks in dim-light and back-lit surroundings and adjusts the camera automatically in accordance with the shooting conditions.
- Macro focus distance- With this amazing feature, users can experience best of both the worlds as it allows them to shoot at close distances of 5cm and far distances of 55cm.
- 360 Degree sweep Panorama- This mode helps to capture 360-degree view of a scenery. All you have to do is to sweep the camera in a circle to take stunning and once-in-a-lifetime view.
- Beauty Effect– Now you can edit and retouch your photos to improve their finish and add exciting filters too. You can do wonders with this little feature if you know how to use it well.
- PlayMemories Home software– Sony DSC W830 Cyber-Shot camera comes with an in-built software that offers hassle-free transfer of your images and videos to your laptop and allows you to upload them on social media handles.
- Impressive image quality with great details
- 8X optical zoom features pulls a world little closer by allowing users to take crystal clear closeups
- Good colour saturation
- Superb optical image stabilisation
- 1 MP HAD CCD Sensor
- Easy HD video recording with great stability
- The camera comes with a 2-year warranty by the manufacturer
- Auto-focus mode eliminates the need of manual focus
- Absence of Wi-Fi and NFC Compatibility
- Low light shooting can be challenging
- Noise increases at high speed levels of ISO
- Due to absence of manual focus, the camera may not be able to focus subjects sometimes
Finally, this camera is suitable for people who want to enter the domain of photography. It is an entry level point and shoot camera that proves to be a perfect travel companion. If you are looking for a camera with good picture quality, easy HD video recording and great overall functionality, then the Sony DSC W830 may very well turn out to be your best bet.